Furnishing of the Apartment for rent
The way you furnish and arrange your apartment really depends on the type of tenants you want to attract. In any case, the apartment should be furnished in such a way that the tenant has all that they need and at the same time feels at home.
Be sure to take care that the furniture and fixtures are practical as well as aesthetically pleasing. This way it is easier to find good tenants. Obviously, this does not mean that you only need to have expensive designer furnishings. Generally good IKEA furniture is acceptable but still do try to add some other decorations to differentiate your apartment from the others on the market.
Important Items for a Furnished Apartment
- Beds and mattresses are among the most important items of equipment in a temporary furnished apartment.
- Double bed (160cm x 200xm if possible â€“ 140cm at a mininum if there is no space)
- Good mattresses and a good bed frame
- Blankets and pillows (not with feathers and they should be suitable for people with allergies)
- Bed covers (with an extra for changing)
- Mattress cover
- Towels (ideally in the same colour as the bed covers as it makes washing easy)
- Bedside table with lamp
- Wardrobes with enough space â€“ a clothes stand if nothing else works
- Blinds or curtains in the bedroom
- Built-in kitchen
- Kettle, toaster, bin
- Crockery and at least 3 pots and pans
- Basic kitchen supplies: glasses, dishes and bowls, knives, scissors, can opener, bottle opener, corkscrew, peeler, salad servers, sieve, grater, etc.
- Dishwasher (optional but recommended for more expensive apartments)
- Microwave (optional)
- Mirror, Shelf
- Shower cabinet or shower curtains
- Washing machine, drying machine (optional)
Living Room â€“ Dining Room
- Sofa, couch (that could also be turned into a bed for guests)
- Dining table, chairs
- Normal balcony furniture (if possible, weather-proof or foldable)
Cleaning Supplies, etc
- We recommend to get sufficient cleaning equipment. Good appliances simplify the care of your furnished apartment and also encourage the tenant to actually clean the place. Please also consider that all devices as well as cleaning agents must be available in the apartment if you book a final cleaning.
- Vacuum cleaner, bags for vacuum cleaner
- Broom, mop, dustpan, bucket
- Basic cleaning supplies
- Iron and ironing board
- Drying rack for clothes
- Study area (in a bedroom or in the living room)
- Coat rack
- Internet is a must-have, a telephone is not necessary any more
- Good lighting in all rooms (not just ceiling lights)