Tenant Glossary

All Questions A–Z regarding temporary rentals

Can Tenant register Address?

Tenants moving from abroad need to register their address when they move into a furnished flat. The Anmeldung at the Bürgeramt is only possible with a document from the landlord, confirming that you have rented the apartment. If you already have an appointment at the Bürgeramt, you need this form as soon as possible.
If you rent a temporary apartment in Berlin, you can, of course, register. Your landlord has to fill in this document. But you only get the document for the Anmeldung if you rent a temporary home, a furnished flat and not a holiday let or a hotel.
If you need confirmation from the owner, you should tell them and Crocodilian in time.
On the Crocodilian blog for tenants, you find more information on the documents for Anmeldung.